The 2023 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
will be unlike any other!
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is the nation’s premier CIO event bringing together information technology executives from around the world and leading faculty from MIT. The annual event offers interactive learning and thought-provoking discourse on the future of technology, best practices, and business that is not available anywhere else. It includes presentations, panels, networking and a closing reception. The annual MIT Sloan CIO Symposium began in 2004 and continues to adapt to changing times. Learn more about us here.
The 2023 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium (May 15 & 16) will be an in-person event at the Royal Sonesta Hotel, Cambridge, MA. To better engage a worldwide audience, livestream tickets will also be offered.
Unique features of the Symposium include:
- An Engaging Agenda, which brings together information technology executives from around the world and leading faculty from MIT.
- The CIO Leadership Award, which honors executives who lead their organizations to deliver exemplary levels of business value through innovative use of IT.
- The Innovation Showcase, which highlights 10 outstanding early-stage companies with cutting-edge solutions that combine both value and innovation to Enterprise IT.
- The Online Community, which allows you to nurture long-lasting and valuable collaborations that will help you build your enterprise to meet tomorrow's challenges.
Our attendees are senior level IT decision makers.
In 2022, 73% were involved in purchasing decisions for IT projects, products, and platforms; 68% were Senior Executives; 38% came from companies with revenue over $500M; and 21% came from 29 countries outside of the United States.
Also, 88% were satisfied or very satisfied with the event resulting in a net promoter score (NPS) of 63, the highest for the past 6 years.
New this year:
Collaborative Ideation: We have always had our audience vote on the agenda, but in 2023 we will engage our entire online community in the planning process from October 2022 through January 2023.
Partial schedule of events:
- October: Theme survey
- November: Request for panel submissions
- December: “Vote on the Agenda” survey
- January: Agenda published
Your participation will influence the 2023 agenda!
Online Events Beginning in January 2023, we will be featuring FREE monthly online events within our community. We currently have 973 members and membership is rapidly growing.
Engage and connect with global business and industry thought leaders.
Acquire actionable insight through leading academic research. Explore the newest enterprise technological innovations.
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is a community of CIOs, CDOs and senior IT executives who connect with academic thought leaders, their practicing peers and IT partners in an annual conference, held on the MIT campus or in our virtual community.
These CIOs and other senior business executives from around the world gather to explore how leading-edge academic research and innovative technologies can help address the practical challenges faced in today's volatile business environment and economy.