The application deadline is March 1, 2020. Finalists will be announced in April.
CIO AWARD 2019
2019 Award Co-Chair Westerman, Finalist Evans, Winner Sundaram, Judge Wladawsky-Berger, Finalist Rao, Event Chair Anderson, Finalist Shah, Judge Johnson
The MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award honors executives who lead their organizations to deliver exemplary levels of business value through innovative use of IT.
The Award, established in 2008, draws applicants from a wide diversity of industries, countries, and backgrounds. Recipients, and their organizations, receive broad recognition for their accomplishments.
- Nominees must hold the title of Chief Information Officer (CIO) or equivalent. They must be the highest-level IT leader in the organization.
- Applicants are welcome from for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, with all assessed on a common set of criteria.
- Applicants must present accomplishments related to the applicant’s current position.
- Finalists will be expected to attend the Symposium in person.
Where Are They Now?
Past Award Winners and Finalists continue their amazing achievements by moving into new roles, often “CIOplus”:
- F. Thaddeus Arroyo (2014 Winner), CEO, Business Solutions and International, AT&T
- Adriana Karaboutis (2014 Finalist), Chief Information and Digital Officer, National Grid
- Michael Relich (2013 Finalist), COO at Crate and Barrel
- Tom Nealon (2010 Winner), President, SouthWest Airlines
2018 Award Co-Chair Westerman, Finalist Macrie, Finalist Riazi, Judge Wladawsky-Berger, Event Chair Anderson, Winner Mehta, Finalist Khurana, Co-Chair Chang