8:30 am - 9:30 am
Kresge Auditorium (EDT)
Why ecosystems? Because MIT research found that companies with 50% or more of their revenues from digital ecosystems had higher revenues and higher profit margins than their industry’s average. Ecosystems move beyond linear supply chains to partnering with providers of complementary products and services (or sometimes competitors) to create a better customer experience, among other benefits. We’ll share MIT case studies and survey results and facilitate a conversation with digital leaders on how they are each brokering connections with their firms, customers and partners.
- Finding Value and Concern in the Digital Economy (2016-05-24)
- MIT CIO: Cooperation vs. competition in the digital ecosystem (2016-05-20)
- Startup company culture seeps into traditional financial services (2016-05-19)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Customer experience is critical in the digital economy (2016-05-18)
- 13th Annual MIT Sloan CIO Symposium to Help CIOs Thrive in the Digital Economy (2016-04-06)