1:15 pm - 2:15 pm,
Kresge Little Theater
Are AI and robots eating jobs? Yes–some jobs more than others. But even as automation replaces some workers, it will enhance the roles of others. Companies will need people who can work closely with technology, as well as those who can do what computers cannot. How can CIOs develop a workforce that will thrive in the digital age? Which skills will be valued and which ones will be replaced? Does college still matter? Will on-demand workers replace full-time employees? Join our eclectic panel-–experts in AI and jobs, Human Resources, alternative skill development, and digital leadership–as they describe what the coming changes in skills, jobs, and careers mean for CIOs and their companies.
- Start at the ‘dumb’ end when implementing cognitive technologies (2017-06-28)
- Five ways to prepare tech employees for the future of work (2017-05-25)
- CIO advice: How to build skills for a digital future (2016-06-22)
- Falling into the tech skills gap? Try a new recruiting tack (2016-05-31)
- Working with robots: Get used to it (2016-05-31)