Chief Digital Officer
CIO Award Finalist 2019
CIO Award Judge 2020
Speaker/Panelist 2019, 2018
Insights from the Leadership Award Finalists (2019)
Redesigning the Digital Workplace for [email protected] (2018)
As Mercer’s first Chief Digital Officer and a member of the Executive Leadership team, Gail leads a dedicated team focused on driving and delivering Mercer’s digital transformation strategy. In her previous role as Mercer’s Global Chief Information Officer, she oversaw transformation and modernization of Mercer’s technology with an emphasis on innovation and security of Mercer’s data assets.
Throughout her career she held positions at Microsoft; Hewlett Packard; Bank of America, and started her career at Eastman Kodak Company as a Technology Executive and as CIO of Consumer Digital leading digital transformations.
In recognition of these achievements and others, in November 2018, Gail was awarded the Phenom Award from the Digital Diversity Network which honors trailblazers in the digital media and technology sectors. Additionally, Mercer Digital was recognized and named to the 2019 Digital Edge 50 for its innovation in digital transformation with Mercer Data Connector, a solution developed under Gail’s
Ms. Evans holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Nazareth College, an MBA from the Simon School of Business, University of Rochester, and an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Nazareth College.
- Why CIOs should take the role of business co-creator (2019-06-07)
- The CIO’s next role: Business co-creator (2019-06-06)
- 5 digital leadership lessons from the trenches (2019-05-30)
- Reporter’s Phablet: CIOs Set the Digital Agenda (2019-05-24)
- Top 10 SearchCIO videos: IT industry leaders share DX advice (2018-12-21)
- MIT CIO 2018 videos: Honing a digital leadership strategy (2018-08-14)
- Digital transformation journey: How to muster the troops (2018-06-29)
- CIO or chief digital officer role? Why not both? (2018-06-29)