Paul J. Gaffney
Executive Vice President – Chief Technology Officer
DICK’S Sporting Goods
Paul J. Gaffney currently serves as Executive Vice President – Chief Technology Officer, a role he has held since joining DICK’S Sporting Goods in November 2017. In this role, Paul is responsible for the Company’s technology initiatives, including overall infrastructure, eCommerce platforms, and new and evolving digital platforms.
Prior to joining DICK’S, Paul served as Senior Vice President of Technology at The Home Depot, Inc., where he was responsible for the organization’s software engineering, user-centered design and applications. Throughout his career, Paul held a variety of senior leadership roles, most notably as President and Chief Executive Officer with AAA Northern California. He also served in a number of executive leadership positions at Desktone, Office Depot, Staples and Charles Schwab.
- Why CIOs should take the role of business co-creator (2019-06-07)
- The CIO’s next role: Business co-creator (2019-06-06)
- To outsource or not? How to know if it’s right for business (2019-05-29)
- 7 hard truths about digital transformation (2019-05-27)
- How Dick’s Sporting Goods’ CTO untangles spaghetti silos (2019-05-24)