CTO & Co-Founder
Clearpath & OTTO Motors
Ryan Gariepy focused on the development of intelligent systems from the very beginning of his engineering studies. The explosion of interest in this field in both industry and popular culture has solidified his belief that the ubiquitous presence of autonomous robotics is not far away. He believes that the benefits of robotics should be accessible to anyone, and is personally driving this vision as the CTO of Clearpath.
Ryan drives the development of Clearpath’s autonomous control software modules while guiding the continued expansion of Clearpath’s research platform lines and custom industrial automation solutions. He completed both a B.A.Sc. degree in Mechatronics Engineering and a M.A.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Waterloo. He has presented on multiple occasions at the RoboBusiness Leadership Summit and the Unmanned Systems Canada conference, and in 2013 spoke on behalf of the Canadian High Commission at the Global Intelligent Systems conference in London, England. Most recently, Clearpath joined the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots where Ryan is spokesperson for the company. He is also a co-founder of the Robot Operating System developers’ conference and is on the Board of Directors for the Open Source Robotics Foundation.
- The challenges of leading companies through the AI revolution were examined in a recent symposium. (2017-06-19)
- Technobabble: Technology’s case for a universal basic income (2017-06-02)
- Panel: What we call AI today doesn’t live up to hype (2017-05-31)
- AI in the Workplace: Augment, Instead of Replacing Humans (2017-05-29)
- AI: The promise and the peril (2017-05-25)
- Five ways to prepare tech employees for the future of work (2017-05-25)
- Automation, Robots, and Job Losses Could Make Universal Income a Reality (2017-05-24)