McKinsey & Company
With over two decades of business and high-tech experience, Naufal Khan is driven by a desire to help companies leapfrog to digital leaders. He has made a career of working with retail, public sector, and transportation clients to unlock digital capabilities—leading to new services, products, operating models, and customer-facing campaigns.
A global leader of McKinsey’s digital organization and IT strategy and organization segments, Mr. Khan works closely with C-level executives and management teams, counseling them on strategic and operational issues critical for business success. He provides strategic vision and hands-on expertise in driving and accelerating end-to- end digital transformations by thinking innovatively about digital strategy, business-IT collaboration, and overall technology organization, delivery, operations, and management.
For example, Mr. Khan helped a global retailer accelerate the rollout and adoption of digital products across thousands of stores through a revamped digital delivery model. The effort allowed the company to quickly leverage input from across geographies and save time and money by prioritizing the highest-impact opportunities. He also led an end-to- end technology-enabled transformation of a public-sector organization’s administrative functions, resulting in more than $300 million in annualized benefits.
A recognized thought leader on the business potential of disruptive technology, Mr. Khan has published extensively on digital and IT organization and the evolving role of the CIO and the IT function. Before joining McKinsey, he held senior leadership roles at two software firms, where he led teams dedicated to design, R&D, product management, pre- and post-sales engineering, and professional services.
- Top 10 SearchCIO videos: IT industry leaders share DX advice (2018-12-21)
- 2018 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: A SearchCIO guide (2018-08-16)
- MIT CIO 2018 videos: Honing a digital leadership strategy (2018-08-14)
- What’s driving the adoption of the CIO-CDO dual role? (2018-07-31)
- Digital transformation project: What makes it difficult? (2018-07-23)
- Why many digital transformation programs miss the boat (2018-07-20)
- Digital CIO: Digital transformation puts IT leaders in the spotlight (2018-07-10)
- Why the future of IT requires more than just aligning with business (2018-05-31)