Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer
CIO Award Finalist 2018
CIO Award Judge 2020
Insights from the Leadership Award Finalists (2018)
Mike Macrie joined Subway in May 2019 to focus on turning around the company, modernizing and restructuring the core technology function, and focusing on the digital transformation required to succeed with ever evolving consumers.
As former Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Land O’ Lakes Inc., Mike successfully led a 7-year transformational and digital effort that modernized the corporation’s core applications and made significant industry-leading investments in advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and digital marketing. He pioneered the utilization of satellite imagery for managing and operating large farms to improve crop yields and reduce the financial risk to farmers.
Prior to his time at Land O’ Lakes, Mike was the VP of Architecture and Strategy at Ingersoll Rand where he led numerous efforts across the globe to consolidate and modernize their 9,000+ application portfolio by modernizing core ERP, CRM, PLM and digital systems.
Before entering the corporate technology world, Mike was a founder in two startups in the technology space.
Mike has been recognized as a transformative and innovative leader by his peers by bringing innovation and startup cultures into traditional industries in a way that is amenable to large corporations.
Mike earned his bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from Cornell University in New York and then continued his studies completing his M.B.A. from Duke University.
- Top 10 SearchCIO videos: IT industry leaders share DX advice (2018-12-21)
- 2018 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: A SearchCIO guide (2018-08-16)
- MIT CIO 2018 videos: Honing a digital leadership strategy (2018-08-14)
- Digital transformation strategies propelled by customer expectations (2018-06-27)
- Land O’Lakes CIO strives to optimize economics of digital farming (2018-06-27)
- 2018 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium in photos: A SearchCIO snapshot (2018-06-11)
- CIO playbook: 10 tips for leading IT in the digital era (2018-06-07)
- 8 lessons for IT chiefs: MIT Sloan CIO Symposium 2018 (2018-05-25)
- CIOs: Digital Business Demands Political Savvy, Soft Skills (2018-05-24)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Announces Winner of the 2018 CIO Leadership Award (2018-05-23)
- Two Executives Among MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award Finalists (2018-05-02)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for 2018 Leadership Award (2018-04-19)