Beth T. O'Rorke
Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Beth O’Rorke is Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the largest private health plan in Massachusetts, and one of the largest independent, not-for-profit Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in the country. The company serves nearly 3 million members and is rated among the nation’s best health plans for overall member satisfaction and quality. Ms. O’Rorke works with the entire organization to align IT and business functions, strategies, and goals to create better business value through technology delivery and streamlined operations.
She joined Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in 2015, and is a seasoned information technology expert with extensive experience leading transformation initiatives across various industries. Ms. O’Rorke has more than 25 years of experience building best-in-class business solutions and operations in the retail, insurance, and consumer industries at companies including Allmerica Financials (currently Hanover Insurance), Staples, Inc., and Ahold, the parent company of Stop & Shop, Giant, and Albert Heijn in the Netherlands.
She received her MBA from the Bentley University Graduate School of Business and holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Providence College.
- Four Things Modern CIOs Need to Know (2019-06-10)
- Automating business processes a top priority for BCBS of Mass. CIO (2019-06-04)
- AI in security is strongest use case for BCBS of Massachusetts (2019-06-04)
- When leading digital transformation, language is key (2019-05-28)
- Health Insurance Industry Struggles to Update Legacy IT Infrastructure (2019-05-28)