Principal Research Scientist
MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research
Speaker/Panelist 2019, 2018
Joe Peppard researches, teaches, and consults in the domains of IT leadership; digital strategy and innovation; the execution of digital transformation programs; the creation of value from IT investments; and the role, structure, and capabilities of the IT unit in contemporary organizations. In an environment where hype is all too commonplace, he seeks to help business and IT leaders navigate an appropriate route through what is an increasingly complex landscape. His research investigates contemporary issues and challenges that managers face in a world of accelerating technological change.
Mr. Peppard recognizes that managers want frameworks and models to help them understand their own predicaments, insights to figure out options and consequences, and clear actionable advice and guidance His most recent book (with John Ward) is The Strategic Management of Information Systems: Building a Digital Strategy (Wiley).
- Why CIOs should take the role of business co-creator (2019-06-07)
- The CIO’s next role: Business co-creator (2019-06-06)
- Reporter’s Phablet: CIOs Set the Digital Agenda (2019-05-24)
- Why the future of IT requires more than just aligning with business (2018-05-31)
- Will the next act in the ongoing evolution of IT be its last? (2018-04-20)
- Digital factory strategy needed to support omnipresent IT (2018-04-20)